The PRIV features DTEK technology for enhanced security and data protection. This software tells you when your privacy is at risk and enables you to take steps to protect it. With DTEK, you can know your overall security rating at a glance and can monitor and control application access to your camera and personal information.
This smartphone features both a virtual and tactile keyboard, allowing you to choose which is most suitable for you. The physical keyboard is touch-enabled, so you can perform many device functions right on the keyboard, and features easily programmable buttons so you can create and launch customized shortcuts for increased ease-of-use and efficiency.
The PRIV houses a 5.4" AMOLED screen, which is designed to produce vibrant images with robust color depth. The screen's 2560 x 1440 resolution enables you to view detailed on-screen content. For photo capturing and video recording/chatting, this smartphone features a 2-megapixel front camera and an 18-megapixel rear camera. The rear camera has a 6-element f/2.2 lens and incorporates optical image stabilization. Autofocus is also built-in and there's a dual-LED flash for taking pictures in low-light situations. On the video side, the rear camera allows you to capture detailed HD video at 1080p resolution.
For connectivity, this smartphone features Bluetooth 4.1 for pairing with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, and dual-band Wi-Fi. Integrated Wi-Fi Direct and NFC give you the ability to connect-to compatible devices for wirelessly sharing content like photos and music. GPS is also on-board for using Google Location and Maps services. The PRIV has a non-removable 3410mAh battery that's designed to last up to 22.5 hours with mixed use. Note: Although Android 6.0 Marshmallow is available, this phone might ship with an earlier version of Android OS pre-installed. In the event it arrives with an earlier version of Android, you will be given the option to upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow upon powering on the device .
- GSM / 4G LTE Wireless Connectivity
- This phone is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 4G LTE capable. LTE is an advanced cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds so fast that they compete with wired broadband internet providers. With an LTE connection, this phone should have no problem streaming HD video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high-speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 3G and 2G data for instances when you can't get LTE. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
Note: Not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports. You can check which bands this phone works within the Specifications
- North American Variant / US Compatible LTE
- The STV100-1 is a US variant of the BlackBerry PRIV. The STV100-1's LTE radio is tuned to frequencies that are most often used in the United States and North America. It can also be used in other parts of the world; however LTE access may be limited or unsupported, depending on the network. To ensure this phone will work with your carrier please check to make sure the frequencies your carrier uses are supported by this phone. The full list of compatible carrier frequencies can be found here, the frequencies this phone supports can be found in the product specs.
- Powerful Camera Performance
- The PRIV camera is engineered to deliver professional-looking photos by integrating technologies found in DSLR cameras. The rear-facing 18MP camera features a 6-element f/2.2 lens certified by Schneider-Kreuznach. The rear camera also features optical image stabilization for low light shooting, phase detection autocus for fast and accurate AF, and a dual-color flash that ensures the white balance of your flash will match the rest of the photo. A front-facing 2MP camera is also on-board for selfies or video chat. Color filters and exposure control settings are available and can be applied as you take the picture. The PRIV is also able to record up to UHD 4K video with the rear camera, as well as 720p video with the front camera.
- DTEK Privacy Protection
- DTEK by BlackBerry for Android lets you know when your privacy could be at risk so you can take action to improve it. Monitor your overall security rating at a glance and take control of application access to your microphone, camera, location, and personal information.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- The Android operating system integrates heavily with Google's services. Using the card-based Google Now, Android quickly surfaces information for you whenever you need it, powered by the same Knowledge Engine that runs Google's web search. It's a personalized and customizable OS, allowing you to add your favorite apps or widgets to your homescreen. You can even download new themes using the Google Play Store, which offers access to more than one million apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. Android 6.0 Marshmallow overhauls permissions, allowing you to have finer control over what your applications have access to. It also marks the debut of Now on Tap, a context-sensitive update to Google Now that checks your current screen for keywords and then searches for them automatically. Other performance and security enhancements are included as well.
Note: Although Android 6.0 Marshmallow is available, this phone might ship with an earlier version of Android OS pre-installed. In the event it arrives with an earlier version of Android, you will be given the option to upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow upon powering on the device .