It's the desktop that has everything you need and more. The glossy widescreen display on every iMac delivers incredibly rich, vivid color. With advanced graphics performance, you have all the speed and power you need for the latest 3D games and graphics-intensive applications. Elegant,simple, and stunning, iMac packs all its components - from the processor to the iSight camera - into an astoundingly thin, anodized aluminum frame.
Speedier than ever with the Intel dual-core processor, the Apple iMac all-in-one desktop PC packs a complete, high-performance computer into its all-in-one design, sporting a sleek, professional aluminum enclosure that's joined precisely to a 20-inch glass cover to create a virtually seamless front surface. It's powered by a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, which includes an amazingly fast 1066 MHz front-side bus speed and super-sized 6 MB L2 cache. This dual-core processor also provides an optimized, multithreaded architecture for improved multitasking, video, and gaming performance. And this iMac also gets a boost in video processing power from the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics chip with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main
It comes pre-loaded with Apple's Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks operating system--an operating system custom-designed for the advanced technology inside.
Hardware features include a 320 or 640 GB hard drive, 2 or 4 GB of RAM, 8x SuperDrive for burning movies to DVD and music mixes to CD, integrated 802.11n wireless LAN, Gigabit Ethernet wired networking, and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
Power on a Pedestal
With its anodized aluminum frame set upon a sleek pedestal, the new iMac instantly transforms your workspace from cluttered desktop to brilliant display podium. Because the iMac's housing is made from a single sheet of aluminum, you won't see any seams or screws except for a single compartment on the bottom that provides easy access to the memory slots. The glossy widescreen 20-inch glass display makes photos and movies come alive with rich color. And the built-in iSight camera and microphone are integrated so neatly you barely notice they're there. Aside from the design details, the iMac is also friendlier to the environment with highly recyclable and durable materials including scratch-resistant glass and professional grade aluminum.
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Experience faster, more nimble application performance and improved energy efficiency with this 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Its hafnium-infused circuitry--which reduces electrical current leakage in transistors--helps to reduce power consumption while delivering. powerful processing speeds. This 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor is aided by a 1066 front-side bus speed and a super-sized 6 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
The Intel Core 2 Duo's 128-bit SSE3 vector engine handles 128-bit computations in a single clock cycle, accelerating data manipulation by simultaneously applying a single instruction to multiple data. And its two execution cores are designed to share resources and conserve power, helping it to achieve higher levels of performance since it uses fewer watts.
Graphics and Video
The 20-inch widescreen TFT active-matrix LCD offers a resolution of 1680 by 1050 pixels. It has a brightness rating of 290 cd/m2 (candela per square meter), a contrast ratio of 800:1, and a viewing angle of 160 degrees (both horizontal and vertical). The NVIDIA GeForce 9400M shares 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM with main memory. You'll notice the difference when you work with high-resolution photos and high-definition video, where graphics-intensive features in iPhoto and iMovie are smoother. And 3D game play--from Spore to Call of Duty--is faster and more responsive.
This iMac also enables you to connect a second display in either extended desktop mode or video mirroring mode. The Mini DisplayPort port offers support for DVI, dual-link DVI, and VGA video connections via an optional adapter.
- Built-in stereo speakers with internal 24-watt digital amplifier
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
- Built-in microphone
- Dimensions: 19.1 x 18.5 x 7.4 inches (WxHxD)
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Processor: 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 20-inch iMac Display
- L2 cache: 6MB shared
- Memory: 4GB
- Hard Drive: 320GB Serial ATA5; 7200 rpm Optical drive: Slot-loading8x SuperDrive with 4x double-layer burning (DVD±RDL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Display: 20-inch (viewable) glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix LCD, 1680 by 1050 pixels, millions of colors
- Built-in iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, dual-link DVI, and VGA video connections via adapter4 Graphics
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- FireWire: One FireWire 800 port
- USB: Four USB 2.0 ports on computer
- Audio: Built-in stereo speakers with 24-watt digital amplifier, built-in microphone, opticaldigital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in
- Ethernet: Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
- Wireless: Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (802.11n)2; built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)