As the world is grappling with an issue of enormous scale and human impact, of COVID-19, many are preparing to quarantine themselves. That means separating yourself from other people so that you can get better without infecting anyone else. Experts also recommend self-isolation or quarantine whether it's encouraged by local officials or it's a personal decision.
During this time the Department of Homeland Security recommends stocking up on a two-week supply of food and essentials in the event of a pandemic.
General COVID-19 Prevention TipsBefore we dive into supplies, here are a few recommendations from the CDC on how to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- Stay home (especially if you're sick) unless you absolutely need to leave.
- If you are out and about, keep your distance from others (about six feet). Avoid groups of 10 or more.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough (into your elbow or use a tissue).
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. You can use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if you must.
- Clean and disinfect areas in your home you frequently touch.
At Daily Steals, we’re are here to serve our community to make sure people can get the items they need when they need them while avoiding the chaos of stores during these times. Before you go stock up on toilet paper, we’ve compiled a list of coronavirus quarantine essentials you may want to consider to to get you through the Covid-19 pandemic relieve the outside stress.
Personal Hygiene Essentials
- Feminine hygiene products
- Hand Sanitizer - Limited Quantities Available on our site!
- Hand soap
- Concentrated Laundry detergent
- Diapers, formula, baby wipes and other infant needs
- Toilet paper ( only because you'll be home more)
- Bathroom Sundries: Make sure that you have enough disposable razors, shaving cream, shampoo, and toothpaste on hand to help you pass through your time in quarantine with a little grace.
What to buy: Gillette Body Razor and Refill Blade Cartridges, 18-Pack Colgate Premier Extra Clean Toothbrushes
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises everyone to wash their hands as frequently as possible for at least 20 seconds with hot, soapy water, to help fend off the contraction and spread of coronavirus. That said, there’s more to keeping clean than scrubbing your hands.
During a natural disaster or pandemic, the medical help that we can readily access, most of the time, could be overwhelmed and unable to help you quickly. So, consider the following:
First Aid Kit: Investing in a well-stocked first aid kit can save you the stress of attempting to access limited medical help if you only have minor injuries. Find one that comes with all of the supplies you’ll need to treat a wide variety of problems, at home.
What To Buy: Zone Tech 2-in-1 Travel First Aid Kit
Prescription Medications: If you use prescription medications, be sure to maintain at least a 30-day supply: this should prepare you to sit out a 14-day quarantine, with wiggle room to spare, in case having your prescription refilled proves difficult.
What to Buy: Pill Cutter + 7 Day Monday Through Sunday Pill Box Essential Organizer
- Pain and Fever Relievers
Humidifiers: According to the (CDC), humidifiers can help relieve symptoms of the coronavirus like a sore throat and cough. We picked the Breath Smart Roolen Ultrasonic Humidifier
Artnaturals Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil diffuser for essential oils purifies the air while effectively killing harmful bacteria.
- What to buy: Breath Smart Roolen Ultrasonic Humidifier, Artnaturals Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil.
- Be sure you have a reliable
- Though the initial response to the novel coronavirus in the US was to go out and buy face masks, health officials have since asked the public to stop buying them, unless someone is sick and needs to reduce the chances of transmitting COVID-19 to others.
Some people under home quarantine will consider taking the opportunity to binge Netflix shows and read some books.
Make sure to have entertainment items on hand such as books, board games, and card games.
- When you are done binging on Netflix, bring back with memories with friends and family with a Super Nintendo Classic.
- To encourage off-screen imaginative free play and fuse science, math and creativity. a great option is Magna-Tiles® – The Original 3D Magnetic Building Sets which allow them to build anything they can imagine. A great educational tool at home that everyone will love.
If You're Working From Home
- Noise-Canceling Headphones: If your home is noisy, a good pair of noise-canceling headphones will help you concentrate. The best models, like the Sony WH-1000xm3 Noise Cancelling Wireless Over-The-Ear Headphones, but you can find good headphones for less than $100.
- Logitech QuickCam Chat 2.0 USB Webcam for $7.00 - If you don't already have a laptop with a camera, you might find yourself in more video calls than usual. A good webcam can help stay in touch and get all caught up with your work!
- WiFi Range Extender - You'll likely need a strong Wi-Fi signal to work from home more efficiently, With dual-band technology, This Wi-Fi range extender can automatically choose a high-quality band for better performance. It offers up to 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 433Mbps for 5GHz. Totally 733Mbps is available for your use, maximizing reduces the loss of data transmission.
- Dried beans, rice and other grains, like oatmeal
- Canned Goods: Soups, stews, tinned fish, fruits and vegetables are all great choices, due to their long shelf life
- Oils & Seasonings
- Smoothie blends and protein powder
- Coffee and tea
- Snacks that have a longer shelf life, like dried fruit and nuts
- Cured meats
For A Peace of Mind While At HomeIn the case of a home quarantine, your mental health should also be taken into account. Navigating something like Covid-19 can cause stress and anxiety among even the most level-headed people. It's important to take good care of yourself—in no small part because stress takes a toll on your immune system. Do whatever you can to relax.
- Ella Jayne Reversible Anti-Anxiety Weighted Microfiber Blanket - Compressing yourself can actually help you decompress. Weighted blankets are nice to have—we liken them to a warm hug.
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6th Gen- All this time on your hands means, being cozy and catching up on the books you've been wanting to read!
If You Want To Learn A New Skill And Make A Career ChangeMany industries are currently hurting and having to lay off people. If you're in the industry that has been hit hard by this crisis:
- food services
and you've been let go, you might want to consider exploring new skills for a new career change. We offer online courses that can help jumpstart a new interest. Marketing, and programming anyone? Here is a list of courses.
Blog Marketing: Beginner's Blogging Blueprint: With all the time on your hands, now is the best time to start that blog you've always wanted too! This course is great for Anyone who is interested in making money with Blogging or building an Affiliate Marketing website.
- C# Programming Crash Course: Knowing the suite of C languages developed my Microsoft is a guaranteed career booster. They’re powerful, in-demand, and can create almost any kind of application or software under the sun.